Monday 20 April, 6.30pm for 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Location: Keyworth Events Theatre, London Southbank University, 103 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA
‘Educating the Industry’ is Green Sky Thinking’s spotlight Green Debate in partnership with the EDGE Debate Series and LSBU. Tackling the green-skills gap of mid-career professionals and the ramifications their leadership in the next 30 years. The event asks 'how do we educate the construction industry to enable the rapid delivery of low carbon retrofits of existing buildings in order to reach the UK’s 2050 carbon emissions targets?'
Critical questions will be posed:
- What technical skills are needed by mid-career professionals?
- What non-technical skills (ie. Business and management) are needed by mid-career professionals?
- What are the most suitable mechanisms and dissemination pathways to deliver these skills?
- What are the most suitable drivers for motivating the uptake of these skills?
- How should young people, already trained in sustainability engage with earlier generations who are not?
- The idea of a ‘retrofit coordinator’, what does this role look like, how do we make it mainstream, and what is the role of the university and the industry in developing this?
The debate will be followed by a wine reception and networking.